2016/01/02

The Language Game

Today, I tried a game from Steam called The Language Game. I reviewed it in a video on YouTube, but the video kind of got cut short because I'm new to it. Anyway, the whole review is still in there, but for anyone who doesn't want to watch it, I'll write something here.

First off, it only has five languages: English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish. You can go from any language into any language. It seems pretty basic. Mostly just simple travel words and phrases, but I haven't gotten through a whole language to find out.

So far, I am bored with it, but I think it was made mostly for the basics, for people who travel, and for people who learn slower. If you fall into any of those categories, the $.49 could be worth it. (Actually, I got it on sale, so I paid up to about 75% off of it.) For me, it's too slow, but I'm continuing on to see what else it has to offer.

At this point, I do not recommend it if you are a faster learner like me who gets bored with things like Pimsleur easily.